[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is on

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue May 4 13:54:32 UTC 2010

> George (and Christian), I just tried sa3250 again, to no avail.  The status
> command returns the same codes whether the STB is on or off.  Specifically,
> sa3250cmd -v -n 0 status returns:
>   Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
>   Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
> return code: 2
> George, what does it say for you in the on and off states?
> I just tried majoridiot's program, and it will change channels fine when the
> STB is on, but does nothing when it's off, using either:
> mythchanger -f 6 -P -c 100
> and
> mythchanger -f 7 -P -c 100
> -Jerry

Jerry:

Interesting, I never really worried about using it to try to turn
things off, but here are the responses when I tried to use it to turn
the STB off:

sa3250cmd -v -n1 status
  Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
  Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
return code: 2

sa3250cmd -v -n1 off
  Sending Command: 0x00FFB260
  Success, Response: 0x09FFB260
  Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
  Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
return code: 2

sa3250cmd -v -n1 status
  Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
  Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
return code: 2

And here is the sequence for using the "on" command:

sa3250cmd -v -n1 on
  Sending Command: 0x00FFB270
  Success, Response: 0x09FFB270
  Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
  Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
return code: 2

sa3250cmd -v -n1 status
  Sending Command: 0x01FFB27F
  Success, Response: 0x0CFFB270
return code: 2

I wasn't able to physically turn the device off and test (my wife was
using the system and didn't want me "playing" with it), but it looks
like sa3250cmd always leaves the STB in the "on" condition, regardless
of whether you use "on" or "off".  I'll see if I can't get a few
minutes tonight to turn the STB off and see what sa3250cmd does.

In any event, all I know is that since I've started using sa3250cmd
(about 6 weeks), I haven't missed a single recording because the STB
was off.  Before that, it was usually 3 or 4 per month.

NOTE TO CHRISTIAN: If the above results weren't what you were
expecting, I'd be happy to work with you on getting your program to
work with the Motorola QIP6200.

George