[mythtv-users] MythWeb Error Message

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 4 20:39:52 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010 02:40 PM, Mark wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 13:17 -0500, James Kaufman wrote:
>
>> Installed Mythbuntu 10.04. All is working great, except Mythweb isn't
>> working for me. I see this in the error log.
>>
>> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function t() in
>> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/database/init.php on line 14, referer:
>> http://mythtvbe/mythweb/
>>
>> What is this function t()?

Translates an error message...  I.e. the error message you're getting
is, "I'm unable to find the function that translates the error message,
so I'll tell you about that error rather than the real error," which is...

> do this. In the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf
> ensure the username and password are what you have set in the database
> ( I go this same error until mine was fixed )
> Also, up the php memory to 64 megs in that same file.
> If your username and passwd are set to mythtv, you should be able to log
> in to the database with this on command line:
>
> mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>
> You will likely find that was the issue.

Exactly.  See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8158 .  But, Mark is
right--it just means you haven't properly configured MythWeb to find the
database.

Mike