[mythtv-users] OT: Home theatres of the year

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed May 5 01:49:44 UTC 2010

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> says:
>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> A lot of really impressive setups!

Yabbut.... Any of those conducive to curling up on the sofa, with
peanuts and pop corn, under the blanket with [kids | SO | lover ] and
just watching a movie?

All of those seemed pretty sterile and uninviting.  The tech and design
took precedence over life.  I'll take my low-end 37" LCD, my 12 year old
speakers, my beat-up sofa that my kids barfed on when they were little,
with my son's lego bits and crusty candy in the crevices, an old fleece
blanket with my whole family under it, over any of those setups.

--Yan

--

   o__