[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is on

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Wed May 5 02:58:49 UTC 2010

> George,
> Thanks for doing those tests.  For me, running sa3250cmd with the on command
> causes the power to toggle, whatever the current state of the STB, and
> running it with the off command does nothing.  You're sure the power light
> doesn't go off if you run sa3250cmd on when the box is already on?
> Christian, I too would be happy to help however I can in getting it work
> with the QIP-6200.
> -Jerry

Jerry:

I just got a few minutes to dig.  The "on" command does nothing.  It
does not turn the box on or off.  The "off" command toggles the power
state, so it doesn't even reliably turn things off.

I'm stumped at this point.  I'll have to poke a little at the doc that
Christian sent and at the code for both sa3250cmd and 6200ch (and look
at the patch proposed to 6200ch) and see what I can figure out.

George