[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is on

M.A.E.M. Hanson hansonorders at verizon.net
Wed May 5 23:51:06 UTC 2010

> Thanks for looking into this. One suggestion I might make is to make
> the sending of the ROOT_MENU command and the EXIT command as separate
> command line switches. That way, if someone has a timing issue (i.e.,
> they need a bit of a delay between sending the ROOT_MENU command and
> the EXIT command) they can configure it through a script rather than
> having to edit the source. This probably isn't crucial, but just a
> suggestion.
>
> FYI, I'd be happy to test code when you have it.
>
> George
>
> P.S. I assume you'll submit this as a patch to the devs?

George:

Per your suggestion, I've kept ROOT_MENU and EXIT as 2 discrete
switches.  As someone totally unfamiliar with C, that made it easier
too. :)  Please to test.  I was able to do some limited testing over ssh
and vnc and it seems to work just fine.

Again the code is against the posted 6200ch.c code on the wiki.  Here is
the latest patch:

http://tinyurl.com/2dnsjtu

Compile and give it a whirl.  The switch for MENU is -m and EXIT is -e.
  If you issue them together MENU seems to be sent before EXIT (which is
good for us if the QIP-6200 is already on).

I did not try to use -m and -e with a channel number, so please be sure
to test that a bunch.  I have a sinking feeling in my gut it may not
work, but I have ideas on how to fix it if it does not.

Re: submission to devs... The contrib stuff was moved to the wiki so
anyone can change it at anytime.  Just edit the wiki.  Once we decide
that 6200ch is solid for us we can do that.

Mike