[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is on

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:04:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Speaking of which, Mike, what do you think of the suggestion that -m take
> a parameter with it, which is a delay (milliseconds, perhaps), which the
> 6200ch will sleep after doing the MENU command?  That way one could do
> 6200ch -m 1000 -e channel_number, all in one go.  In any case, good work.
>  I'll try running your updated code, and I'd be happy to play with the
> ordering that commands get executed in if the channel number doesn't get run
> in the right place in the sequence.

Mike,

Good news, the channel change is the last command issued.  "6200ch -v -n 0
-m -e 100" does a menu, and exit, and a channel change, in that order.  I
only had a small window to test, so only got to try it once, but the STB was
at channel 100 at the end.  I'm pretty sure, but can't swear, that it wasn't
already on 100 to begin with.  This is exactly what I need.

-Jerry