[mythtv-users] Comcast just made things worse

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Thu May 6 16:05:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2010 09:39:19 am mythtv at derdev.com wrote:
>
>> I am now talking to the wife about getting that "ugly" dish on the roof
>> after all.  Comcast can bite me.
>
> I have seen several clever and artistic jobs of modifying satellite dishes to
> look better, and even enhance the appearance of the building they are attached
> to. Camouflage designs seem to be popular around here.I also saw one with the
> local cable operator's logo with the universal circle and diagonal through it.
> They may get sued for unauthorized use of the (presumably copyrighted) logo,
> but I suspect the cable operator would not relish the publicity such an action
> would produce.
>
> Look at the dish as an opportunity to express your creativity, not as a
> problem.
>
> Don't forget to tell the cable company to get their gear off your property
> (assuming it's not in a legal easement, cable companies generally pay no
> attention to such matters).

around Dallas, Texas if you cancel Cable it means you're driving to
the not-so-local cable office to drop off your STB's in person and you
had better get a receipt and watch for your final bill. They wrote
something off to collections on me for <$50 and never even sent me a
statement showing I owed them anything. (Which I didn't)

They even let me sign up with them again at my new address without
paying this charge off. I was pretty P-O'd when I saw it on my credit
report.

Your experience may vary.