[mythtv-users] Is there a default start/finish offset option?

Jason But jbut at swin.edu.au
Thu May 6 22:31:02 UTC 2010

On 05/07/10 04:16, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/06/2010 01:57 PM, nospam312 wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there is an option to set a default start/finish
>> offset instead of having to remember to set it for each recording you
>> make?  Using 0.22fixes at the moment.
>>

> In mythfrontend General Recording Priorities settings:
>
> Default 'Start Early' minutes for new recording rules
> Set this to '0' unless you expect that the majority of your show times
> will not match your TV listings. This sets the initial start early or
> start late time when rules are created. These can then be adjusted per
> recording rule.
>
> Default 'End Late' minutes for new
> Set this to '0' unless you expect that the majority of your show times
> will not match your TV listings. This sets the initial end late or end
> early time when rules are created. These can then be adjusted per
> recording rule.
>
> They simply pre-populate the value on the recording rule.
>
> Mike

Except be carefule that if you schedule a show at 8:00->8:30 on channel A
followed by a different show at 8:30->9:00 on channel B then the desired
behaviour will not occur. The "end late" only records if the tuner is not
being used for something else.

Annoyingly, even if you have two tuners it doesn't work. In the example
above "tuner 1" will record channel A from 8:00->8:30, it would then switch
to channel B to record from 8:30->(9:00 + whatever end_late you set).

In my ideal world myth would use "tuner 1" to record channel A from
8:00->(8:30 + extra) and use "tuner 2" to record channel B from 8:30->(0:00
+ extra).

This is really annoying in Australia where NO station EVER keeps to
programming times. One week a show will start five minutes early, the next
week it will start 20 minutes late, the week after it will start on time, etc..

If you go down this path, pay careful attention to your upcoming recordings
list and occasionally you will find you have to manually specify a preferred
tuner on the recordings to force myth to extend recordings on different channels

Jason