[mythtv-users] Is there a default start/finish offset option?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu May 6 22:42:56 UTC 2010

> Annoyingly, even if you have two tuners it doesn't work. In the example
> above "tuner 1" will record channel A from 8:00->8:30, it would then switch
> to channel B to record from 8:30->(9:00 + whatever end_late you set).

I don't think I have ever had that problem... if it is on a different
channel it uses a different tuner so it can get the early start and late
end.  Though I will have to double check when I get home.

Perhaps you have another setting that is causing your issue.  Check your
settings for stuff related to tuner usage and live tv , I know those
settings can cause myth to try and keep all recordings on a single tuner so
that live TV isn't interrupted if you happen to be watching live tv.  If you
disable that setting,  you should find that your scheduled recordings will
alternate tuners unless consecutive shows are on the same channel or all
tuners are in use.