[mythtv-users] OSX Live TV issues

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Fri May 7 13:53:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Has anyone had any issues with LiveTV under OSX.

I've recently acquired a 2006 intel iMac, and decided to pop
mythfrontend on it.

I'm running a combined be/fe on debian, following trunk, and have
built the OSX version using the packager script recommended on the
wiki, which works fine.

The version I've built is SVN 24473, which is built to match the
version on the BE/FE. Built using XCode 3.2.2 (the download with the
iPhone SDK included.)

This seems to work okay, I can access the be fine, and watch
recordings without issue.

However, entering live TV causes the frontend to crash without fail,
this happens regardless of the live tv state on the combined BE/FE.

The please wait window appears, I get the OSD telling me it's
acquiring a lock, then it just crashes.

This happens with either opengl or quartz-blit (both work as expected
playing back recordings.)

I compiled using the '-m32' switch, as it didn't appear to compile without it.

A couple of crash logs can be found here:

http://thejolly.demon.co.uk/~ian/mythcrash/

FWIW, I'm still pretty new to the Mac and OSX, so it's quite possible
I've just done something similar.

Cheers,

Ian