[mythtv-users] System lockups with HD-PVR

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Fri May 7 16:41:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Andrew <mythtv at heathsworld.com> wrote:
> > Ever since I installed my HD-PVR 1212 I have been experiencing system
> > lockups.  I was hoping maybe an upgrade to 10.04 LTS would maybe solve
> the
> > issue but it hasn't.  I suspect it has something to do with using
> firewire
> > to change the channel but can't be sure since sometimes it locks about 20
> > minutes into a show.  Looking at system logs I can't even see anything
> > happening during the lockup, though they don't provide much detail.  Last
> > thing run was cron, but it's just the stock cron runs for system.  Anyone
> > experience this with the 1212?  The system was rock solid until the day
> the
> > 1212 went online.  I may have to take it offline to confirm this and
> don't
> > want to point the finger at it just yet.
> >

> how complete is this lock-up ? can you toggle the caps-lock on
> keyboard? (i dunno, i saw someone else ask that once)
>
> did you connect the HDPVR to a windows machine and upgrade it's driver
> (and thereby firmware) ?
>
> -johnny

Dead dead.  No caps or num key response, no ssh etc.

Yeah I did connect it to windows and got the latest firmware put on (at
least latest of about a month ago).  I think I am OK there even though the
logs warn about it not working.  I read up that it just says that no matter
what.  I will pull the unit off for a while and see what happens.