[mythtv-users] System lockups with HD-PVR

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Fri May 7 17:23:04 UTC 2010

On 05/07/2010 09:41 AM, Andrew wrote:

> Dead dead.  No caps or num key response, no ssh etc.
>
> Yeah I did connect it to windows and got the latest firmware put on
> (at least latest of about a month ago).  I think I am OK there even
> though the logs warn about it not working.  I read up that it just
> says that no matter what.  I will pull the unit off for a while and
> see what happens.

If it's a USB keyboard, try a PS2 keyboard.  It could be that the USB
bus is locking the computer.

Do you have any other USB devices attached to the computer?  Also, is
the USB controller on the motherboard or a PCI(E) card?  Is the USB host
controller a 2.0 EHCI controller?  In /proc/interrupts does it show the
USB controller sharing IRQs with any other devices?

Alan