[mythtv-users] OSX Live TV issues

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri May 7 18:05:29 UTC 2010

On 5/7/10 10:59 AM, Ian Clark wrote:
> On 7 May 2010 15:55, Ian Clark<mrrooster at gmail.com>  wrote:
> [snip me again]
>
> Sorry to follow up to myself:
>
> I have just noticed this in syslog:
>
> On Mac OS X, you might be loading two sets of Qt binaries into the
> same process. Check that all plugins are compiled against the right Qt
> binaries. Export DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 and check that only one set of
> binaries are being loaded.

I get this too, but MFE otherwise works fine.

Live TV does work about 50% of the time for me, but is prone to either
lock up or return a "timed out while buffering video" or "Failed to
tune" error when trying to tune. If a successful tune does occur, it
then works fine.

You should also be aware that there is an additional annoyance which may
not have been fixed yet. If you successfully tune to a particular
channel, and that channel is later deleted, Live TV will continue to try
to go to that channel when it first starts. The result is that nothing
happens and it simply quits back to the menu. The only way to fix this
is using mythtv-setup.