[mythtv-users] MythTV to MythVideo, best and easiest solution for Mythbuntu 10.4?

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Sat May 8 11:03:27 UTC 2010

Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> writes:

> On 5/7/2010 17:26, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
>> 2. Assign /var/lib/mythtv/collection to this group.
>> 3. Use this folder as a mountpoint for a large disk (in my case a 1TB
>>     external drive, so I didn't need to reinstall).
>>

> No.  You either want to mount to /var/lib/mythtv or record to
> /var/lib/mythtv/collection/recordings.  You never want to tell MythTV
> to record to the root of a filesystem.  MythTV will record to that
> folder at any time that folder exists.  If the disk is not mounted,
> the folder would still exist, and MythTV would record to the parent
> file system, which could cause other unintended behavior.

That's a good point. I didn't think about that. I don't want to remove
the disk at all. I just don't have SATA-interfaces for modern large
drives. That's why I resort to an external disk at the moment. I will
help myself with a cronjob that tests the state of the mount and informs
me if it's not.

Thanks

Sven