[mythtv-users] mythbackend as normal user

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat May 8 20:38:46 UTC 2010

Hello, I have installed MythTv on my laptop. I have Debian Squeeze
with debian-multimedia.org and a DVB-T USB tunner.

When I run "mythfronted" as normal user (not mythtv), when I try to
watch LiveTV I get "Error: MythTV is using all inputs, but there are
no active recordings?" message. Then I need to stop the "mythbackend"
as root user (kill process) and start "mythbackend" as normal user
(not mythtv). Then if I run "mythbackend" as normal user, I can view
LiveTV.

When I start my PC I have "mythbackend" proccess running with mythtv user:

$ ps -ef | grep myth
mythtv    1962     1  0 18:47 ?        00:00:07 /usr/bin/mythbackend
--daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile
/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

How can I solve this?

Thanks for all and best regards.

--