[mythtv-users] Comcast just made things worse

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat May 8 21:02:56 UTC 2010

On Saturday 08 May 2010 02:59:14 pm Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 05/08/2010 01:45 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 May 2010 12:53:45 pm Douglas Peale wrote:
> >> In my area, channels 7, 8, and 12 are in use.
> >
> > Unusual to have adjacent channels in use in the same market. This was
> > never done with analog assignments. Perhaps you are picking up stations
> > from 2 different ADIs?
>
> I am situated between two markets, 7 & 8 are from different markets.

That makes sense. Channel 7 may be running a lower-than-normal aural carrier
level due to that situation, or may have been before  the digital changeover.

Adjacent channels would never be assigned to the same market, and I think the
same is true of digital stations as well.

The makers would have to put decent front ends into their TV sets if this rule
went away.