[mythtv-users] No video source entry.

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun May 9 03:22:26 UTC 2010

While doing a new myth install ( 10.4, FireWire  ) everything went as expected ( model correct and GUID ) on the capture card screen and then after moving to the video sources page the video source name line was blank and I am unable to set up this page.
Tihs install was adding myth to a existing Gnome setup.
Earlier I did a mythbuntu install and that was completely straightforward on exactly the same hardware except for a different HD.

It always seems strange how I can do one install ( linux and/or myth ) and everything just falls in place and then you might have to fight for a week on the next one.
Any ideas on this problem?
Thanks