[mythtv-users] Terra theme, 24 hour time

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 9 03:37:21 UTC 2010

On 05/08/2010 06:36 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> I think this was a lasy solution to a simple problem

No, it wasn't.  One of the other developers had a patch that made the
area bigger, but the author did not want it applied and explained why it
was the way it was.  I hope he can forgive me for quoting him, but his
words were:

"I'd prefer not to move it - it looks wrong if you are not using the
AM/PM because it messes up the spacing, but I'm really not sure it's
acceptable to force that time format either"

Then, after consideration, no one was able to come up with a way to make
it align properly for all users with differing formats, so the solution
was to use the only approach that allowed it to show as the author desired.

Believe me.  The author--who, did the /vast/ majority of the entire
mythui rewrite--is *not* lazy.  If you take the... thousand+ (?)...
hours of work he did on MythTV last year and compare it to the amount of
time it takes you to edit one silly little XML file...  Well, let's just
say that the scales don't come close to balancing.  Even if you have 1M
users edit that file, I still thing the theme author will have spent
more time than the combined total of all users editing that file.

Mike