[mythtv-users] OSX Live TV issues

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Mon May 10 17:45:32 UTC 2010

On 10 May 2010 10:49, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 May 2010 00:43, Ash Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7 May 2010 19:49, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
> [snip OS woes]
>>
>> I think this is the bug...
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8179
>>
>> Binaries here also mention it as a known problem...
>> http://myth.psychosis.net/0.23/frontend/
>>
> Ahhh, thanks, that does look like the issue.
>
> I'll try adjusting the value mentioned in that ticket and see if it
> fixes the issue for me.

Just to let other OSXers out there know, the buffer mentioned in this
ticked does seem to be the source of the crashes.

If people are after a quick fix this is what I did:

1. Run the packager script to generate the MythFrontend.app and the
src folder link
2. rm -rf MythFrontend.app
3. vi src/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/decoderbase.h

Change:

const int kDecoderProbeBufferSize = 1024 * 1024;

const int kDecoderProbeBufferSize = 64 * 1024;
4. rerun the osx-packager script to regenerate the frontend with your
changes. Don't worry if if SVN updates, youre changes will still
persist.

If you're not comfortable with vi, just use 'open' instead of 'vi' in
step 3, this'll launch it in XCode.

Hope that helps others until this is sorted by people more experienced. :)

Cheers,

Ian