[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 00:37:29 UTC 2010

On 11 May 2010 00:24, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> MythTV 0.23 Available
>
> After six months of our new accelerated development schedule, MythTV 0.23 is
> now available. MythTV 0.23 brings a new event system, brand new python
> bindings, the beta MythNetvision internet video plugin, new audio code and
> surround sound upmixer, several new themes (Arclight and Childish), a
> greatly improved H.264 decoder, and fixes for analog scanning, among many
> others.
>
> Work towards MythTV 0.24 is in full swing, and has be progressing very well
> for the last several months. If all goes according to plan, MythTV 0.24 will
> bring a new MythUI OSD, a nearly rewritten audio subsystem capable of
> handling 24 and 32 bit audio as well as up to 8 channels of output, Blu-ray
> disc and disc structure playback, and various other performance, usability,
> and flexibility improvements.
>
> Please see http://www.mythtv.org/news/138/MythTV%200.23%20Available for more
> information, and enjoy MythTV 0.23.

Many thanks to all the developers, testers, project managers and
question answerers who have spent countless hours on this.

I've been using myth for about 4 years now and still continue to find
new things that make me pause and think "that's bl**dy clever". I,
like many others, could probably never go back to pre myth TV so
you've changed how many people use their time.

Regards