[mythtv-users] Zotac ZBox HD-ID11-U (ION 2?)ships

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:07:05 UTC 2010

A serious consideration, since the only advantage I was expecting from the
ION2 was the ability to do Adv2x.

Opinions:

I'd like to see a couple of RAM slots instead of just 1. Single-channel
memory
is so 20th Century.

I don't like being forced to buy WiFi whether I want it or not. A mini-PCIe
slot would allow the user to go with WiFi if desired, and also use a
CrystalHD
module, also if desired.

The card reader is unnecessary, the user could just connect a USB reader is
needed. A cheap "feature" to boost the price without raising the cost.

The list of "features" seems mostly software-related, and not anything Myth
would want.

I don't see any real advantage over the Revo 1600. The second core isn't
really needed for a Myth frontend.

I don't get it, you are the second person to say there is no mini-PCIe slot
when the anandtech article states this on the second page
"On the other side of the motherboard you'll find the WiFi card as well as
an open mini PCI Express slot for expansion. Zotac uses two of the NM10's
PCIe lanes to feed these ports, leaving only a x1 lane for the NVIDIA NG-ION
GPU."

Not that I am touting the system like I used too.. it sounds mediocre.

MarcT