[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

NT4usB ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Tue May 11 05:11:06 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/10/2010 08:29 PM, Clay wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> MythTV 0.23 Available
>>>
>>> After six months of our new accelerated development schedule, MythTV
>>> 0.23 is now available.
>>
>> Well carp...
>> I haven't figured out how to get from 0.21 to 0.22 yet and now were at
>> 0.23!? *g*
>>
>> (dreading losing years of tweaks, I can't begin to remember what they
>> all are, or even how I got there...)
>
> Before upgrading, backup:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore .
>
> Then, when you upgrade, either upgrade the database in place or (if you
> upgraded distros, changed hosts, or upgraded any MySQL packages), do a
> *full* restore of your database backup (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Full_restore_of_a_specific_backup_file
> ), and you shouldn't lose any (MythTV) thing.  Distro/system tweaks are
> another story, though.  :)
>
> Mike

The Myth part is straightforward, I know. The theme tweaks I can do over
since I got a lot of practice fixing them after every myth update.
IVTV stuff could probably be recycled.
The system is a kludge, beginning with Dapper and 0.19 so a good
flushing isn't going to hurt.
Probably time to consolidate all my tuners in one backend and save a
little power along the way.
oh, the dread...
Anyway, a big THANK YOU to all the devs for their hard work!