[mythtv-users] recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue May 11 09:56:46 UTC 2010

Continuing this thread with a new comment: no segfault, but ...

Last night I recorded two consecutive shows from Quest.  The first
played as normal but the second appeared to be the right length but
entirely blank.  The frontend log looked unremarkable, with both
programmes coming from the same good hardware tuner.  In vlc the file
played normally, and after a pass through my Project-X script it played
in mythfrontend and I was able to edit and cut it as usual.

Something that looks as if it might be significant is that the second
recording was immediately before, and included, transmission closedown.

f12 x86_64 from ATrpms

> mythfrontend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 24265
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes/mythtv/
> Network Protocol : 56
> Library API      : 0.23.20100314-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

John P