[mythtv-users] FCC allows blocking of set-top box outputs

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue May 11 11:35:44 UTC 2010

> In a way I sympathize with the cable operators, do they have to hire someone
> to keep track of what moves can be "protected", what is released on DVD or BR
> and when etc.?

Yep, poor cable operators. They get the extra rights to broadcast pay
per view movies up to 3 months before they come out on DVD/BR, giving
them the ability to make a nice profit being the (temporarily)
exclusive source for those movies for their customers. I'm sure
they'll be crying all the way to the bank.