[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Tue May 11 15:09:58 UTC 2010

Mike Perkins wrote:
> NT4usB wrote:
>>
>> The Myth part is straightforward, I know. The theme tweaks I can do
>> over since I got a lot of practice fixing them after every myth update.
>> IVTV stuff could probably be recycled.
>> The system is a kludge, beginning with Dapper and 0.19 so a good
>> flushing isn't going to hurt.
>> Probably time to consolidate all my tuners in one backend and save a
>> little power along the way.
>> oh, the dread...
>> Anyway, a big THANK YOU to all the devs for their hard work!
>>
> Why don't you try it first? You might find that the need for a lot of
> your tweaks has disappeared. Since 0.21 appeared there have been great
> leaps in functionality for kernels, drivers and apps, and there have
> been many improvements in Myth since then.
>
> Set up a stand-alone system on 0.23 (with a fresh, new, OS install of
> course) and give it a run, explore what's available now. You may just
> save yourself a ton of work.

That's what I was thinking. I have an old P4 with enough PCI slots to
take all my cards. It was a slave at one time.
Plenty of boxes to try the front end.
Have to be careful though. Last time I 'tested' a backend, it hijacked
backend duties from the real backend... Operator error, I'm sure.
Restoring the DB got it back.