[mythtv-users] NEW: stb-command (enhanced version of sa3250cmd)

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Tue May 11 16:48:45 UTC 2010

On 11/05/2010 12:05 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Christian Szpilfogel
> <chrisznews4 at rogers.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 09/05/2010 8:54 PM, Christian Szpilfogel wrote:

>>> I continued the work today and implemented a vast swath of the Panel
>>> passthrough commands. These commands are meant to emulate a user pressing
>>> buttons on the set top box panel or on their remote.
>>> The new code is at: http://code.google.com/p/stb-command/
>>>
>>> Please let me know what success/failure you have had and exactly which set
>>> top box you tried it on. I will in turn document these on the project's page
>>> and modify code of appropriate. If you made changes to make a particular set
>>> top box work then I would like to capture this too.
>>>
> should this work with the new Pace RNG110 boxes Comcast is giving out
> in some areas? I can give it a test run if so.

It would be great of you could test it out. I'm using standard protocol
so if the Pace box uses standard then it should work. Run with the -v
flag to see more specifics but if the command is not implemented by the
box, the program will print "Not Implemented" or other errors as
appropriate. The errors help tell me what the issue is though "Not
implemented" is obvious enough.

I would be surprised if at least power didn't work in some manner. Those
definitions have been standard  for about 12 years.