[mythtv-users] HD-PVR no audio

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 17:49:09 UTC 2010

When the mythtv backend with the HD-PVR connected reboots, I dont get any audio until after I reset the HD-PVR.

So mythtv backend reboots
no audio on HD-PVR
power cycle HD-PVR
Everything works

Is this normal?  Have other users seen this issue and is there a fix?

myth ~ # mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 24526
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100429-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_fribidi using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

I am using the hdpvr driver from the kernel.
myth ~ # uname -a
Linux myth 2.6.31.1-smp #5 SMP Mon May 10 08:47:09 EDT 2010 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks, Mike