[mythtv-users] Problem with SVN changeset 24559 - xdg-screensaver

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Wed May 12 21:24:13 UTC 2010

Is anyone else having issues with this change? I get a ton of these in the logs:

2010-05-12 16:56:30.269 ScreenSaverXDG: Calling xdg-screensaver reset
2010-05-12 16:56:30.437 ScreenSaverXDG: Calling xdg-screensaver reset

and there is a problem with playback, if you pause, or bring up the
menu, the playback screen gets screwed up (it's like a screen door is
placed over the screen) and will not go away. If you pause playback,
the effect goes away, in that you can now see the screen, but when you
un-pause it it goes back to the screen door effect. At first I thought
it was because I didn't have a screen saver setup (I think it was
using a built in xfce one), so I installed xscreensaver, but there is
no change. It's like the feature does the opposite of what is
intended. The only way to fix it is to exit the recording and start
playing again.

I'm going to revert the change, just to make sure that's actually the
problem, but it's sure suspicious.

Tom