[mythtv-users] HD-PVR no audio

Andrew mythtv at heathsworld.com
Thu May 13 03:37:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When the mythtv backend with the HD-PVR connected reboots, I dont get any
> audio until after I reset the HD-PVR.
>
> So mythtv backend reboots
> no audio on HD-PVR
> power cycle HD-PVR
> Everything works
>
> Is this normal?  Have other users seen this issue and is there a fix?
>
> myth ~ # mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 24526
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
> Network Protocol : 56
> Library API      : 0.23.20100429-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb using_firewire
> using_fribidi using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
> using_ivtv using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
> using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
> using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
> using_mheg
>
> I am using the hdpvr driver from the kernel.
> myth ~ # uname -a
> Linux myth 2.6.31.1-smp #5 SMP Mon May 10 08:47:09 EDT 2010 x86_64 AMD
> Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
>

> Any thoughts or recommendations?
>
> Thanks, Mike

I've seen this and do my best to not reboot.  It doesn't always happen, but
I always make sure live TV works after a reboot.  I also saw these issues
more so before I put a sleep 1 in my channel changing script.  Without it
there were problems with segfault and audio because it was opening the HDPVR
before the channel had settled on the cable box.  May be unrelated for you
however...