[mythtv-users] Problems with vdpau decoding HD content

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Thu May 13 22:44:13 UTC 2010

On May 13, 2010, at 4:51 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> I've have the same issue.  With 3 separate Zotac atom dual core 330.  The response I got from the list was to try custom filters.  Didn't help.  When I use "High Quality" all problems go away.  This is specifically for OTA HD recordings.

Can you clarify what 'High Quality' is? Is this the VDPAU playback profile you're referring to? My problems happen with 720p and 1080i OTA ATSC content from a HDHR. I've never had a problem with a DVD. This is all on 0.23-fixes of course.

Because a reboot is required to clear the problem I've suspected something is happening with the VDPAU code or the Nvidia driver... by changing the playback profile you also change the HW deinterlacer. However, in the case of 720p content that shouldn't be in use anyway.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1