[mythtv-users] NVidia driver giving me grief

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri May 14 03:39:29 UTC 2010

On 05/13/2010 10:27 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 14 May 2010 06:58, R. G. Newbury<newbury at mandamus.org>  wrote:
>>
>> In your case it should point to libvdpau.so.173.14.25.
>
> 173 drivers with VDPAU ?
> I don't think so...

Exactly! As I said, something wrong with the setup....of my brain. You
were correct: that hardware will not do vdpau, so it should not point to
that library.
On consideration, I'm surprised that it failed the way it did. It may be
an error with the nvidia installer or maybe just that yum will install
whatever is demanded, which fooled 'configure', but not make. The
hardware won't do vdpau, and configure found everything it thought it
needed. And make failed, which from one point of view it should not have
done: it should have compiled if everything required is installed, even
though it could never run vdpau.

That's kinda weird.

On further consideration, it's probably that yum just went ahead and
installed the libvdpau stuff, even though that was totally unnecessary.

Colin: do you have a 'libXvMCNVIDIA.so' file?

Geoff