[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun like device for analog?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 14 15:44:38 UTC 2010

On Friday 14 May 2010 09:10:15 am John Drescher wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:09 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> In my case I would be replacing a GeForce FX 5200 with a vdpau PCI card
> >> in a frontend only machine. Possibly this card based on the wiki?
> >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187041
> >
> > I think you need a 512MB card or better. Is this still true?
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187042

Be careful, the heatsinks on some of those fanless cards can block the
adjacent slot.

I know one fellow who was concerned his heatsink was getting too hot, so he
installed a slot cooler next to it, but he had to skip the blocked slot,
making the whole thing take up a total of 3 slots.

Certainly not optimal, at least IMHO.

But depending on your motherboard layout and card requirements, it might work
great.