[mythtv-users] mythzoneminder on debian

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri May 14 17:31:15 UTC 2010

On 14/05/10 11:34, mythtv-free wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have installed zoneminder on my main PC. I want to install
> mythzoneminder in an other computer (my mythbox,debian testing, mythtv
> 0.22).
> Is it ncessary to install zoneminder on the mythbox as required by the
> dependencies of the debian paquet ?
> If  I install mythzoneminder on my PC PC (that can a mythfrontend)
> will install MythZMserver ?
> The wiki is not clear about these points. It just say that zone minder
> does not require dependencies.

The machine where Zoneminder is running doesn't  need Myth or even Qt to
be installed on it. Only mythzmserver needs to be on there. If your
frontend machine and the machine with Zoneminder are similar you can
just copy mythzmserver from one to the other. If not you can easily
compile it standalone on your ZM machine.

Not sure what wiki page you are looking at but hopefully the
mythzmserver readme will help explain things better.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythzoneminder/mythzmserver/README

Paul H.