[mythtv-users] Getting a correct lineup for DishNetwork

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 15 06:30:18 UTC 2010

On 05/14/2010 11:05 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
> I now have the names of the programs showing up in the program guide
> for the local channels! But the responsiveness remains sluggish when I
> enter the Program Guide and use the up/down arrows to step from one
> channel to another.
>
> Also the icons are not showing up yet, even though they did in the
> Channel Editor in mythtvsetup.

You have a permissions problem.  Make sure that both the user who runs
the frontend and the user who runs the backend have access to the files
and directories in which the channel icons are stored.  Note that
usually the icons are placed in the $HOME/.mythtv/channels directory of
the user who ran mythtv-setup to populate the icons, so if you run the
backend and frontend as different users--especially if one of them is
root--you likely will be making the channel icons not available to the
other user.

Mike