[mythtv-users] font sizes in .23?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat May 15 17:08:59 UTC 2010

I really don't understand how MythTV deals with font sizes.  Google
leads me to believe that currently, in MythTV, font sizes are
controlled by the themes.

And yet, Myth has pages and pages of font size settings in the config
sections that (apparently) do nothing at all.  They certainly don't do
anything that I want them to do, and I haven't noticed them make a
difference anywhere.  How is that for user friendly?

Specifically, I want to increase the "small" font size by about 2
points in my program list.

And I _really_ want to increase the font size by about 4 points in the
OSD for fast-forward / rewind.

So, what magic voodoo do I have to perform to make this happen?

I hope I'm missing something obvious, because if not, it's rather sad
that a system that you hope can be used by anyone in the family makes
it so hard to do something as trivial as adjust a font size to make
things readable to folks that don't have perfect eyesight, or sit
further away from the screen than the guy that developed the theme.