[mythtv-users] easiest way to go from storage groups internal player to mplayer

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat May 15 18:36:21 UTC 2010

On 5/15/2010 13:42, David Durham wrote:
> how do I turn off storage groups, or otherwise do what needs to be done so that
> I can specify mplayer as the default player.

Starting with 0.23, MythVideo now hashes all content.  Stop the backend,
remove the folders listed in the Videos storage group from within
mythtv-setup, and add the folder in from the mythvideo setup in
mythfrontend.  During the next rescan, MythVideo will rehash the 'new'
content, find it matches existing content, and shift the location to match.

Note that external players are depreciated, and support will be removed
in a future release.