[mythtv-users] Comcast in Massachusetts/New Hampshire area recently encrypted channels

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat May 15 23:59:26 UTC 2010

On 5/15/2010 4:53 PM, MarcT wrote:

> Due to the mandate to change to digital, Comcast moved these channels to a
> digital multiplex but still in the clear.

Keeping in mind, the digital mandate didn't apply to cable carriers

What they're doing in reality is making room for more services since they only have so much bandwidth between internet, on-demand and normal video channels.

Analog was taking up too much space for all the things they wanted to do.

Now, if you got channels as part of your package that are now encrypted requiring a box that they give you for free...
there's not much you can do but cancel.

I think that's really all any of us can do.

I wish I could find a cost effective replacement for Cable internet, I'd jump off ComCast in a heartbeat.