[mythtv-users] OT: Running mythtv with zoneminder

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sun May 16 01:34:05 UTC 2010

On 16 May 2010 01:51, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Another Sillyname
> <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 16 May 2010 01:12, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Since I have a myth box running 24 hours was thinking about zoneminder
>>> for security.
>>>
>>> Anybody doing this?  Any idea what kind of resources it takes?
>>>
>>> I know there is a plugin for it, don't know the status.  Really isn't
>>> that important, apache interface would be good enough.
>>

> Not sure.  It's all very new to me.  For now maybe Panasonic BL-C1A
> just to play around with.  I think in the long run would be interested
> in some out door cameras.  Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Does the mythtv plugin work?

Yep all works fine.

You could look at the Axis range of cameras, I find them very good.

Whatever cameras you use be aware that your backend will need to have
a little bit of ooomph if you are going to have motion detection
turned on, obviously if the camera is capturing 25 frames per second
and looking for motion in each frame it takes some processor power.
Multiply that by the number of cameras and you see the issue.

I combined my myth backend with my zoneminder backend/recorder and
have no problems.

Depending on the distro you're using you may well find zoneminder and
the plugins already packaged.