[mythtv-users] ClearQAM Gone Martinez CA 94553

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 08:25:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> Comcast pulled the lever on the guillotine last night. I lost ClearQAM on my
> virtual channels from 34 to 185. I confirmed this by checking my nightly
> scte65scan output against the encryption reporting in the HDHomerun GUI.
> Sigh.

I'm not sure when they pulled the trigger here, but I can report this
is now the case in SF, 94110.  I think the available lineup is pretty
much like yours, including oddities like BravoHD hanging around.  One
thing I'll say, this appears to have taken me more than a week to
notice.  That's a testament to how much of the now-encrypted
programming I was watching.

I knew this day was coming, and it's a bit of a drag.  But I am glad
it will light a fire under me to finally get my OTA setup going.  I'll
miss my pet 'premium basic cable' shows like Forensic Files and things
on Comedy Central.  But I am looking forward to the freedom from the
monthly bill this will give me.  Luckily there are other sources for
the now-unavailable shows.  And by that I mean my local video rental
place, and nothing else.  yep!

Sadly, lately I've been considering switching to Comcast for providing
Internet service.  Must...fight..the power!  :)