[mythtv-users] Twin DVB-T USB tunner

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sun May 16 16:37:03 UTC 2010

On 14 May 2010 04:34, Indulis Bernsteins <indulis.b at au1.ibm.com> wrote:

> > I want to plug to MythTV a twin DVB-T tunner, it must be USB because I
> > have no more PCIe slots on the HTPC.
>
> My Pinnacle Diversity USB Stick dual tuner works 100% with a single tuner.
>  It does not work when I enable both tuners- recordings work for about 10
> seconds then I get USB disconnects.  This may be the fault of my motherboard
> (AMD 690G chipset I think), I know that some kernel versions had problems
> with these USB chips causing disconnects, I previously fixed it with a later
> kernel version- so it may or may not be possible to fix it.  I should really
> get a USB adapter and try it, my twin tuner DVICO 4 PCI adapter works fine
> (this is a twin USB hub with tuners attached on a card).  There is a twin
> PCI-E DVB-T tuner that is supported I think.
>
> I reckon your issues are probably board related as I had similar issues
with the Gigabyte motherboard in my current combined FE/BE. I ran 3 Freecom
USB DVB-T tuners with no issues whatsoever with the old board.

chucked them on the new board and all was fine until it tried to record of 2
sticks at once, then it would crash, reboot whatever. I eventually tracked
it down via Google to known issue with the chipset. Is yours a SB600 chipset
like mine by any chance?

Solution for me was to replace the USB tuners with a hauppauge DVB-500 twin
tuner PCI card.

Gary