[mythtv-users] UK HDHomeRun+MythTV Success Stories

T.J. Crowder tj at crowder.org
Sun May 16 17:25:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> T.J.
>
> I don't have a homerun...
>
> But to set up a Linux myth box is very very very easy these days.
>
> Install say Fedora from DVD takes maybe 30 minutes.
> configure rpmfusion repo from web takes maybe 5 minutes
> install myth from rpmfusion repo takes maybe 10 minutes
> configure setup takes maybe 30 minutes
>
> say 90 minutes all in to allow for any issues.
>
> if you don't have a pci slot use a usb dual tuner

Thanks. I'm not worried about the MythTV installation, it's fiddling
with devices.

I had/have considered USB devices, although I'm a bit concerned with
what I've read about the USB bus getting saturated. But sure, success
stories from USB devices like the WinTV-NOVA-TD stick are welcome too,
particularly when used in areas with marginal reception...

-- T.J.