[mythtv-users] HD-PVR spdif input will not work after channel change

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon May 17 01:52:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> I have been having this issue for some time and have just ignored it and
> continued to use the stereo input for the HD-PVR.  Now I want the 5.1
> surround sound that comes with the HD channels.
>
> Today I upgraded the firmware to the latest version just to make sure that
> my firmware was not this issue and the problem still persists.
>
> I have the component in and the spdif in set up.  If I go into mythtv and
> select the HD-PVR the channel will be displayed and I will have sound.  Once
> I change the channel I loose the sound 95% of the time.  If I use the stereo
> in I never have a sound problem.  I am using the timewarner HD STB. I have
> not tested if the stb is really outputting sound after a channel change
> which is something I will try to figure out how to test.  Before I take the
> STB and move it somewhere to test the output after a channel change is there
> anyone who has had this problem before and if so how was it resolved.

In the last maybe two months, twice I've had a recording from the HD-PVR
with no sound.  I record from component/spdif.  Each time, the problem
disappeared by the next recording, so I was never able to diagnose it.  I'm
using Verizon FIOS with a Motorola QIP-6200 STB.  Sounds like your problem,
but I can't say for sure.

Sorry there's nothing helpful here, but I thought another data point
couldn't hurt.

-Jerry