[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and DVB subtitles not working?

Thomas Pontoppidan Spam1 at pontoppidan.name
Mon May 17 10:58:25 UTC 2010

2010/5/11 Thomas Pontoppidan <Spam1 at pontoppidan.name>

> I noticed that Mytharchive now has a setting to include subtitles when
> using Projectx so I saw hope for moving some of my DVB recordings to DVD:-)
>
> I gave it a try yesterday, but the resulting disc doesn't have any
> subtitles:(
>
> I set the encoding/transcoding to "NONE" and didn't include a cutlist as I
> read somewhere that transcoding or cutlists would break the subtitles.
>
> Output from ProjectX lists 5 streams:
>
> > Video:
> > PID: 0x83F
> > Audio:
> > PID: 0x849(dan)
> > Teletext:
> > PID: 0x853(dan_i100 dan_s.hip399 )
> > Subpict.:
> > PID: 0x857(dan_0x10_p1_a1 )
> > PID: 0x858(dan_0x20_p1_a1 )
>
> But in the log from Mytharchive ("progress.log") ProjectX is instructed (at
> least that's how it seems to me) to only include the first three - video,
> audio and teletext:
>
> > 2010-05-11 07:13:56 projectx -id 0x83f,0x849,0x853 -out
> "/home/mythtv/mytharchive/work/1" -name "1002_20091225134500"
> "/storage/recordings/new/1002_20091225134500.mpg"
>
> "mythburn.log" also refers to all the streams, but then shows :
>
> > Subtitle id: 0x853
>
> If this is standard behaviour, is there some way to instruct Mytharchive
> to prefer the "real" subtitles (which will always be DVB) over teletext?
>
> If this is not intended, what might have gone wrong (what should I be
> looking for in the logs)?

Any hints on where to look for a solution to this problem?

I have trawled through the mytharchive script searching for code regarding
identification of subtitles, but I only found code related to the handling
of DVB subtitles *after* they were selected for processing:( Where is the
code that selects the relevant subtitle streams?

I can't understand why teletext is treated as a subtitle stream in the first
place? - I know it can contain subtitles, but there is no way Mytharchive
can tell which page holds the subtitles anyway, so in my opinion it never
makes sense to include it in a DVD project?