[mythtv-users] View www.sbs.com.au news streams in MythVideo (Australian users)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:07:25 UTC 2010

Fellow Aussies, I have created a couple of scripts that allow you to
view on-demand streams of video news articles from the www.sbs.com.au
web site. If you want to try it out you can download the zip archive
from http://www.oaklands.aust.com/mythtv/sbsvidnews.zip.

The package contains two perl scripts will need to be unzipped and
installed on your system. Please make sure you read the README file
first as there's some important information in there about why there
are two scripts how they should be set up; also what to watch out for
before running it for the first time (one of the scripts deletes files
in a MythVideo sub-directory so you need to ensure you have this set
up and configured properly before running).

There is also an obligatory screenshot of how the news articles are
listed in MythVideo which you can preview at
http://www.oaklands.aust.com/mythtv/SBS_MythVideo_screenshot.png

I hope you like it. I'd be interested in any feedback anyone has.

Regards,
Phill