[mythtv-users] easiest way to go from storage groups internal player to mplayer

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:16:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM, McCormick, Ronald <ramccor at pluribus.org> wrote:
> I would love to see the guidance on the general troubleshooting of playback
> issues myself, I have 1.5TB of .mp4 files that play at about half speed with
> the internal player (Myth 0.23-fixes 24265) and fine with mplayer.  I am
> just looking the general method of troubleshooting at this point. (IE - What
> information SHOULD I be collecting.)
>
> -Ronald McCormick

The .iso issue with storage groups doesn't affect me so I wont address
it (I'm sure it is a deal breaker for other users though).  But I have
plenty of videos that play in mplayer/xine/vlc/totem and fail in
MythTV Internal player.  That is the only thing keeping me from using
Internal player and storage groups for everything (when it works, I
like Internal player and storage groups much better).

Is fixing these bugs a priority?  What is the proper way to submit
these to the developers?

-Ryan