[mythtv-users] easiest way to go from storage groups internal player to mplayer

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 18 14:34:06 UTC 2010

On 05/18/2010 10:29 AM, jedi wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 07:15:09PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 05/17/2010 06:07 PM, Travis Tabbal wrote:
>>
>>> I really wish they would consider leaving external players
>>> available as an option for those that use them though. It seems
>>> odd to take the functionality away with the exception that SGs
>>> don't work with external players.
>>>
>> It seems odd?
>>
>> It seems odd that we don't want to write each and every new feature
>> that involves playback once for external players and once for
>> Internal player?
>>
> ...which is fine so long as the myth internal player is so good that
> you are tempted to use it as your primary desktop video player. Until
> that day finally comes, it really makes no sense to try and force it
> on everyone.

Which it will never be as long as people continue to use external
players so they don't have to report playback issues for their videos.
Or as long as people continue to use external players because they tried
using Internal in MythTV 0.18 and it didn't work on one of their files,
so they decided never to use it again.

Mike