[mythtv-users] BBC Red button/freesat

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Tue May 18 15:46:23 UTC 2010

On 18/05/10 14:16, James Thorpe wrote:
> On 18/05/2010 14:11, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>> But I don't think I have BBC News on the same frequency.
> Sorry - I implied the wrong thing. I meant I'm missing the entire
> multiplex, along with the one carrying bbc news - not that bbc news is
> on that one :)
>
> On that note - is there any reason why my initial scan may have failed
> to pick up on these? Guess I might know more once I try to scan these
> frequencies manually!

This may be related to the problems I've been having -- as discussed
here: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-May/288339.html

I've found that neither of my Hauppauge DVB-S cards can pick up any of
the high-band multiplexes (i.e. those with frequencies of 11720 or
above) because the cards aren't sending the required 22KHz tone to the
LNB.  (See http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm#universal )

Either that or a faulty LNB may be limiting the range of multiplexes
that you can receive.

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com