[mythtv-users] HD-PVR & Live TV

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:54:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Joe Friedrich
> <pennstatejoe74 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your help Johnny and Gerald.  I do absolutely want to be able to watch TV (for now anyway until I can win my wife over on the other benefits of Myth).
>>
>> So I do still need those patches with 0.23.  Good to know.  I should apply them in the proper order and then "sudo make" then "sudo make install".  Then that should be it, right?  I tried that yesterday, but got some errors.  I'll try again today.  If I get errors again, where would I find the logs?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Joe
>> Joe Friedrich
>>
>> *Sent from mobile device
>>

> Let's get you running the .23-fixes daily builds packages (and not
> using SVN and thus no patches to install) and see if you've got any
> issues that would require further assistance.
>
> -Johnny

Depending on what you've installed with SVN (make install) you should
mote likely do the following:

ls -l /usr/{,local/}lib/{mythtv,libmyth*} /usr/{,local/}include/mythtv

this will list what libs are installed currently.

sudo rm -rf /usr/{,local/}lib/{mythtv,libmyth*} /usr/{,local/}include/mythtv

this will remove what is installed.

Then you can install or re-install the auto builds package I showed
you earlier in this message chain.

Select .23 on the version, and avoid the testing PPA - you don't want that.

This is MUCH preferred to building from source.

-Johnny