[mythtv-users] View www.sbs.com.au news streams in MythVideo (Australian users)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:35:50 UTC 2010

>> If you look at the existing grabbers, the 'twit.tv' grabber is written in
>> python.
>
> Rather, its written in Perl.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've nearly got this working now except
for one area that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

According to http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision_Grabber_Script_Format
the <pubDate> field in the RSS XML passed back to MythNetVision is
supposed to be in format "Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:51:34 GMT". This grabber
scrapes an Australian web site, so what should I replace GMT with?
I've tried GMT+10:00 but I noticed that this ended up displaying the
wrong date in the List view of MNV as if it was adding 10 hours to it
before displaying.