[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and DVB subtitles not working?

Thomas Pontoppidan Spam1 at pontoppidan.name
Wed May 19 11:41:18 UTC 2010


2010/5/18 John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net>

>  On 17/05/10 14:58, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
>
>> 2010/5/17 Mike Perkins<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
>>
>> Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Any hints on where to look for a solution to this problem?
>>>>
>>>> I have trawled through the mytharchive script searching for code
>>>> regarding
>>>> identification of subtitles, but I only found code related to the
>>>> handling
>>>> of DVB subtitles *after* they were selected for processing:( Where is
>>>> the
>>>> code that selects the relevant subtitle streams?
>>>>
>>>> I can't understand why teletext is treated as a subtitle stream in the
>>>> first
>>>> place? - I know it can contain subtitles, but there is no way
>>>> Mytharchive
>>>> can tell which page holds the subtitles anyway, so in my opinion it
>>>> never
>>>> makes sense to include it in a DVD project?
>>>>
>>>> By convention, teletext subtitles are always on page 888.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Problem is solved! To skip my ramling see bottom of message:-)
>>
>> Hmm, conventions are fine, but in this case neither Danish nor Swedish
>> national television broadcasters seem to adhere to conventions - DR
>> teletext
>> subtitles are on page 399, and SVT are on page 199 (SVT1) and 299 (SVT2).
>> But I can see now that the correct page is actually specified in the
>> ProjectX log (PID: 0x853(dan_i100 dan_s.hip399) so that shouldn't be a
>> problem:) However, afaik, in Denmark teletext subtitles are only used for
>> hearing impaired (i.e. shows with danish audio) so when a show is already
>> subtitled either with "burned" subtitles or DVB, there are no teletext
>> subtitles!
>>
>> I found the part of the script where the subtitles are selected in
>> mythburn.py. But when I read the code it already seems to prefer dvbsub in
>> this piece of code:
>>
>> 04504     # first try to find a stream with preferred language 1
>> 04505     for node in nodes:
>> 04506         index = int(node.attributes["ffmpegindex"].value)
>> 04507         lang = node.attributes["language"].value
>> 04508         format = string.upper(node.attributes["codec"].value)
>> 04509         pid = int(node.attributes["id"].value)
>> ==>04510         if not found and lang == preferredlang1 and format ==
>> "dvbsub":
>> 04511             subtitle = (index, format, pid, lang)
>> 04512             found = True
>>
>> Only if that (and the second preferred language) fails will it select the
>> first stream:
>>
>> 04525     # finally use the first subtitle stream
>> 04526     if not found:
>> 04527         for node in nodes:
>> 04528             index = int(node.attributes["ffmpegindex"].value)
>> 04529             format = string.upper(node.attributes["codec"].value)
>> 04530             pid = int(node.attributes["id"].value)
>> 04531             if not found:
>> 04532                 subtitle = (index, format, pid, lang)
>> 04533                 found = True
>>
>> I found it strange that "format" is defined in upper-case (04508) and then
>> compared to the lower case string in 04510 so I changed "dvbsub" =>
>>  "DVBSUB"
>> and now it chooses the right stream! I guess this should be reported as a
>> bug, but I don't know how...
>>
>>
> I've added a reference to this thread to this ticket, which is another
> 'pending' patch to mythburn.py
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8376#comment:5
>
>
>
Thanks John!

BTW, after a couple of strange results with black subtitle boxes (the
subtitle settings must be set up in ProjectX) I just made my first perfect
DVD .iso complete with subtitles and applied cutlist :-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20100519/a05d2838/attachment.htm>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list